It's been awhile since I've actually written down my fitness goals. So I'm taking the time now to list out my exercise goals for the year:
1. Run the Carlsbad Half Marathon - CHECK
2. Run the La Jolla Half Marathon
3. Run the America's Finest City Half Marathon
4. Run the Carlsbad 5000 5k
5. Apply to do the 2014 Empire State Building Run Up - CHECK (the odds of me getting accepted to actually participate in this highly coveted race are slim to none, but it's worth a try).
6. Run a half-marathon in under 2 hours
6. Run a 5k in 24 minutes or less
7. Run a mile in under 8 minutes
8. Deadlift over 140 lbs.
9. Do a non-assisted pull-up
10. Do a non-assisted ring-dip
Wow - it looks like a lot when I actually see it written out. It's possible that I may not check off all of these goals and that some of them will change over the course of the year, but that's ok. What's always worked for me is to be flexible with the goals in my life. As time goes by we change and so do the things we want to achieve and make time for.
What are your fitness goals? Do you write them down?